- 8th November 2014 – Wuffing Education, Sutton Hoo, Suffolk. With Paul Mortimer
- 27th September 2014 – Rowhedge Heritage Trust, Rowhedge, Colchester, Essex. With Paul Mortimer
- 28th June 2014 – Barton-on-Humber. With Paul Mortimer
- 31st May 2014 – Swords in Anglo-Saxon England. Wuffing Education, Sutton Hoo, Suffolk. An examination of the manufacture and meaning of swords in the Early Anglo-Saxon period using archaeological and literary evidence. With Paul Mortimer. Contact Wuffing Education www.wuffingeducation.co.uk/
- 8th February 2014 – ‘Woden and the Wolf-Kin’ at Oxfordshire Museum Service, Fletcher’s House, Park Street, Woodstock OX20 1SN
- 15th December 2013 – Sutton Hoo Visitor Centre – an ‘out of the case’ session with members of the Sutton Hoo Society and King Rædwald himself.
Stephen provided the voice-over in Old English for Michael Wood’s three-part series on the Anglo-Saxon kings.
The third edition of The English Warrior is now with the publisher and is scheduled for publication in 2014.
The collaboration with Paul Mortimer, David Roper and Brian Ansell was published in 2013 under the title ‘The Sutton Hoo Stone’.
A long-overdue review of the early runic texts is in the planning stage.
‘The Elder Gods: The Otherworld of Early England’ was published in 2011. It is available direct from Anglo-Saxon Books.
A paper delivered to the Cambridge conference on medieval feasting was published in Journal of Medieval History
Meadhall was issued in a second edition in February 2011
Work continues on a second CD of readings in Old English